JK Rowling published the first Harry Potter book way back in 1997 but where did the inspiration for her characters and book titles come from? One possible theory comes from the fact that a former boyfriend was a computer programmer who worked for Hewlett Packard.
|HP could stand for Harry Potter or Hewlett Packard|
This could possibly have meant that the books, and ultimately the movies, would have had slightly different titles:
- HP and the Spellcheckers Stone
- HP and the C:/ Drive of Secrets
- HP and the Processor of Azkaban
- HP and the Goblet of Firewall
- HP and the Hardware of the Linux
- HP and the Halftone Prints
- HP and the Deathly Blue Screen
Also Hewlett's friends and enemies might have been called by other names:
- HerMEMORY Granger
- ROM Weasley
- Albus DONGLEdore
- SERVERus Snape
- Draco MALWARE
- DELLatrix Lestrange
- Lord FOLDERmort
And if that wasn't enough proof, the latest addition to Packard's world is the play called 'HP and the Cursored Child'.
Did I miss any characters or places? Tell me know about your favorite Hewlett Packard wizard or witch in the comments section below.